WSOP 2006 - Final Report
Well it is finally all over. I am completely pokered out.
Thursday
Game 1
The final WSOP event I am going to enter. $1,000 entry fee but you do get $1,500 chips.
Once again Jacks are my undoing. Get them early in level 1 (25/25) and when I raise everyone folds.
However in level 2 (25/50) when I get them in the SB and raise 2 limpers to 300, BB raises all-in for another 600. I call and he has AK. Hits a K. I am now crippled and die a few hands later pushing my meagre 200 chips with 55. The BB calls with 88 and I don't improve.
Game 2
Play at the mirage for the first time in $330 tourny. Do OK and get a good break when all-in with AQ clubs vs AQ red vs 33. I catch a flush to triple up.
Get to the second last table out of 104 runners until I run into Gareth when I push with 44. He calls with AQ and hits an A.
Friday
Game 1
Play the Bellagio $1000 tournament. Scrape along without much excitement for the first few levels. We start with 5,000 in chips and I am down to about 3,000 when I pick up TT in mid position. Raise to 500 and get 2 callers - SB and button. Flop is KK7 2 clubs I check and when button bets 600 I go all-in and he folds.
Knock out 1 player when have AK vs AT and steal a couple of blinds when up to 300/600 with 50 ante - so am up to about 9,000. Then get AQ in cut-off and raise to 4000 when 2 limpers. However big stack limper goes all-in over the top so I think I have to fold. In retrospect I think I should have taken my chance. A couple of rounds later I try to steal from the BB who has only slightly more chips than me by pushing with T9. Unfortunately he has KK. I come 200th out of 410 players.
Game 2
Finally I round off the night at the Venetian $225 tournament. Get caught just after the break when raising with AQ again. This time when BB goes all-in I decide to call - he has AK.
Now to work out my overall performance....

1 Comments:
You might well have read them but if you haven't have a read of some of David Sklansky's books - particularly Tournament Poker for Advanced Players, and the Fundamental Theory of poker.
Post a Comment
<< Home