Thursday, August 03, 2006

WSOP 2006 - Days 15 to 18 - Sunday 30th July to Wed 2nd August

Sunday
In a sulk after main event so content myself with playing in the pokerstars sunday tournament on line.
Last a couple of hours but don't really get going.
Monday
Play in the Bellagio $1000 tournament at 2pm. In this tournament Jacks once again are my ruin.
Blow a load of chips when raising with AT clubs on the button. Flop of J53 looks ok until caller shows a J.
Later go all-in against a short stack with AK. He has AJ and gets a J.
Finally when I am short stack and go all-in with K9, BB calls with T9 and a J comes on the river to make him an unlikely straight.
Go to the Ventian in the evening. This time I cash in 9th place out of 143 players. $409 paid less entry of $175. Once again the J kills me when the button looks like he is stealing my big blind I reraise all-in with 22. He flips KJ and you know what happens....
Tuesday
Play a $175 sit and go to try to get my entry for Thursday's $1,000 event. Get down to heads up and I have only 1,000 chips to my opponent's 9,000. Offer him a deal but he is not interested. Play agressively to get up to even money. He stil won't deal Then I trap him when he calls my big blind when I have 38. Flop comes 348, I check and call his bet of 500. Turn is 3. I check and call again.. River is a 2 which makes him a nice straight (he has A5) but unfortunately I have the full house. So I win $120 and 3 $500 chips. Nice.
Play the Wynn $330 tournament at 12.00. Don't get very far and eventually push with AJ only to run into JJ.
Wednesday
Play the $500 second chance tournament. Have a bad hangover so not in best of form. Sit next to Richard Sparks who's 2 books I bought earlier in the week. He is quite chatty - but gets knocked out before me. Eventually I raise with AK on the button after several limpers. Get reraised for about half my stack so go all in. He has JJ and no A or K comes. What is it with Jacks - they are killing me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home