Tuesday, July 25, 2006

WSOP 2006 - Day 9 - Monday 24th July - Jennifer ditched for Shannon

Game 1
Venetian noon $225 tournament.
Wandered in about 30 mins into this one. Did not really get going, but had the dubious honour of playing with Hale and Pace for half an hour or so.

Game 2
B list celebrity freeroll tournament at the Venetian. 200 runners playing for 5 main event $10,000 seats.
Well I can say that Jennifer lived up to the hype and was very nicely turned out. Unfortunately she was at another table.
I was dealt AA about 5 hands in and put in a small raise with one caller. Flop comes K52 with 2 spades. I check he bets, I reraise and he goes all-in. Have a bit of a think. Because he did not raise before the flop I think it more likely he has AK, possibly spades giving him the nut flush draw as well. I call and he flips over 55. Oh dear. However the dealer produces an A on the river for me to double up and knock him out.
About half an hour later we are joined by the gorgeous Shannon Elizabeth in Seat 10. I have a nice view from Seat 4. I am afraid Jennifer is now history - Shannon can do no wrong. At one point she raises when I am the big blind. Tempted to play my 72 offsuit just so I can go all-in with her(fnarr fnarr) but fold. She was quite chatty and actually makes a good lay down with a dodgy flush draw. Unfortunately she was quite short stacked (ho ho) and when she raised all-in on the button the small blind makes himself the least popular man in Vegas by calling with AK to knock her out. My stack soon dwindles away and I go all-in with 88 against AJ and lose to J.

Ladbrokes party
We had the Labrokes welcome party in a rather too large room at the Rio. See major TV celebrities Hale and Pace again - not sure if they are official Ladbrokes boys. Mad Marty Wilson gives one of the least funny introduction speeches I have heard and when attempting to congratulate the english winner of the pot limit event, calls him Tony Gale rather the John Gale. Gareth had met Jimmy White on the plane coming over so we had found out that he was playing in an 8 ball pool tournament at the Venetian. Gareth and Mark had been to watch him (they were the only spectators) whilst I was playing with Shannon. Apparently he has injured his arm and so was playing rubbish. Steve Davies is part of the Ladbrokes team at the party so Gareth asked him if he was going to support Jimmy White. Then an argument ensued when Steve Davies did not believe theVenetian was the venue for the game. Fortunately I was not present for this conversation so Davies may not dismiss me completely out of hand if I run into him again.

Game 3
$175 Sit and Go
It is getting late so there are a couple of young drunk guys at my table. They ask me where I am from and I explain it is not Australia but England. I try to take the piss by saying that they sound like they are from Alabama. Turns out they are. Oops. Don't last very long when try to take down a largeish pot with AKc with a flop of 229 with 2 clubs. Called by TT and don't improve.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remain mightily envious.

When does Ben join you and what's his blog address?

I'm imagining minimal poker content and maximum insight into the underbelly of life on the Strip. So to speak.

 
At 12:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading this at lunchtime at work and couldn't remember who Shannon Elizabeth was. Rather foolishly Google Imaged her, and was faced with a rather impressive pair of bare bosoms in the second picture displayed.

Did you have trouble keeping your mind on the cards?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home