WSOP 2006 - Day 1 - Sunday 16h July
Arrived mid afternoon local time at the Excalibur. Just as tacky as I recalled from last time. Decided to warm up with a tournament at the MGM Grand in their new card room.
45 runners - entry $125 - first 4 paces paid.
Started with $1500 No rebuys or add on.
Level 1 : 30 mins 25/50.
Not much happened but caught a lucky break when calling a 4 way unraised pot in the SB with 25o. Flop came 245 and I check raised gaining 300 chips.
Level 2 : 50/100.
Missed a chance to double up when folding 44 to 2 all-in raises of 700 and 850. They had AK and AJ, and no improvement.
Raise with 66 on the button, SB goes all-in for 750 - I call and he has A9 and does not improve.
So reached the break after 1 hour with $2000.
Level 3 : 100/200. Scrap along with a few steals. Nearly get into trouble when I go all-in with 67 from the SB into a 58A flop (2 diamonds). The chip leader calls and he has 67d so I am drawing dead. Luckily no diamond comes.
Level 4 : 200/400. Things getting desperate. Raise all-in from the button after 2 limpers with QJ spades (I had 2,400, pot was 1,400) get called by one of the limpers. He has AJ - oops. So out in 17th place.
To be honest this structure was a bit of a lottery, but good to get used to live play again.
There seem to be more female players than last year - a good sign...
Managed to stay awake until 5am uk time 9pm local, so off to bed - first trip to the Rio tomorrow....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home