Saturday, May 13, 2006

My Pokerstars games

I play online on Pokerstars. I only play in tournaments with a buy-in around $50. I stick almost exclusively to No Limit Hold 'em.

4 Comments:

At 11:35 am, Blogger charlie said...

A typical tournament starting at 10.00 am. Entry $50, 144 runners.
We started with 1,500 chips blinds 10/20.
Total pool $7,200, 1st prize $2,160, 18th $86
I picked up some good hands early on and had AA vs QQ to double through to 3,300 chips.
Not much happenned for another 90 mins until blinds are 100/200 with a 25 ante. I am down to 2,300 chips and pick up ATc on the button. I raise and get 1 caller. 2 clubs come on the flop so I go all-in, getting around 2-1. I catch my club.
Steal a few more blinds but eventually after 2hr 15 when blinds are 300/600 50 I pick up AQ in the small blind. I go all-in over the top of a button raise, he calls with TT. I don't improve and finish 22nd.
Pokerstars Total So Far -$55

 
At 11:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

being on the button is a very difficult situation, especially if it is a chocolate button as it tends to melt all over your trousers, most unfortunate.

 
At 3:18 pm, Blogger charlie said...

A $20 sit and go with 180 runners.
1st place $1,080 18th Place $43. 1500 chips.
Managed to only lose 300 chips with QQ vs AA.
Got a result from the BB when checking T7, flop T75, check raise got me up to 2000.
Got AK twice. Won first but lost second. Down to 1200 chips at first break after 1 hour.
Blinds at 75/150 when I get 56 spades in BB. Call small all-in raise to 500 with one other caller. Move all-in with 2 spades on the flop but no spade comes.
Down to 250 chips. Go all in 2 hands later with JJ. Lose to AQ catching an A.
Pokerstars account -$75

 
At 5:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem of being on the button can be addressed by standing on it rather than sitting on it. Tends to make a bit of a mess of the carpet, but usually easier to clean. The other possibility - if you insist on sitting on the button - is to play naked. This works well online, but is sometimes a little contentious in live games. At least, when Charlie's tried it there have tended to be objections.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home