WSOP 2006 - Day 6 - Friday 21st July - The 3 Amigos blow out
Gareth and Mark have arrived so we are all in the $2000 NLH which starts at 12.00
Game 1
$2000 buy-in No Limit WSOP event.
Get AA early on and make a small raise. 1 caller. Flop A96 rainbow. We check. Turn Q second club. He bets 200 I raise he folds. At first break I have 2,500 chips. Second hand back I get QQ in BB. 1 call UTG, button calls as does SB. Pot is now 400 so I raise 800. UTG is a large stack – he raises all-in. I call. He has AA. I am out. Mark and Gareth survive longer but no where near the money.
Game 2
$175 Sit and Go.
Never got going. Tried to bully a short stack who was down to 350 – but he had QQ to my A5. All-in with 99 a few hands later vs AK. K came.
Game 3
$225 multi satellite with rebuys.
Get 200 chips starting 5/5. Got no real hands until found TT and went all-in – found KQ – he caught Q.
Game 4
Ceasars $225.
Trapped Mike Salem with JJ on the BB when flop came Jxx. Got up to 3,000 chips. Blinds and ante’s rocketed after the break. Caught with my hands in the till stealing from mid position with 89. He had TT then got 2 more.
Game 5
After knocked out of tournament went for a Caesar’s cash game.
2/5 no limit. Sat down with $500. A few hands in get ATs. Raise from mid position to $25. Oriental on the button calls. Flop JT3. I bet $50 to see if he has a J. He calls. Turn 5. I bet the pot again. This time it is $150. He reraises me all-in. I don’t believe him. River is a blank and I show my pair of tens. He mucks his hand (it must have been AK). I have doubled my money to $1,000.
About 10 minutes later I get AT again but this time they are hearts. My oriental friend makes it $25 to go and I just call from the button. Flop is KJQ rainbow (1 heart). I have the nuts. He bets $100 and I reraise to $300. Because there is no limit to how much money you can bring to the table, I have not noticed that he has a stack of $100 bills as well as his chips. He counts out 10 $100 and announces all in. I call. He has KK for top set. Luckily the board does not pair and no 4th king. I have doubled up again to $2,000. Time to go home. I play on a bit after he stomps off then quit. Nice profit for the day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home