Sunday, July 23, 2006

WSOP 2006 - Day 5 - Thursday 20th July - Bubble at the Venetian

Game 1
$175 Sit and Go
Only played 3 hands. Double up with KK vs QQ. Lose AK vs AJ when he catches J. 22 vs AK he gets an A. Finish 4th out of 10.

Game 2
Ceasars $180 12.pm
2nd hand get AK vs 99 , no improvement. Rebuy. 10 mins later limp with 72d. Flop 72Q rainbow, check hoping to raise – no bets. Turn J check and button bets, I go all in 2 callers. 1 catches a K on the river to make a straight. Finish around 55 out of 60.

Game 3
Finish at Ceasars so quickly cna nip over to the Venetian for 1pm $180 game.
30 runners, top 5 get paid. Finish 6th after being up to 25,000 at one point. This is my first significant bublle i.e just out of the money.
Big mistake raising with A3 from button and calling an all-in from a medium stack. Also had KK vs 88, 8 on river.
Ran a good bluff on chip leader. Had 89 in BB and called a big raise from the button, flop comes 763. I bet the pot on a draw – he calls. Turn is A. I check he bets 4,000 into a 10,000 pot – I call. River is 7 and I go all-in for my last 6,000 chips. He thinks I have a 7 and folds!

Game 4
$225 S and G.
Need to go quickly so am more aggressive than usual. Playing with Gareth on my right. End up all-in in a massive pot. Me 33 Gareth TT vs KK and AJ. Flopped A wins it.

Game 5
Decide to play a cash game $1/5 No limit buy-in $100-200.
Win $300 in a 1,3 NL cash game. Tripled up when flop nut straight - I had 89 flop 567 rainbow. I check from SB, BB bets 50, mid pos calls, button raises all-in to $180. I call, BB calls all-in as does very large stack. Turn a blank so I bet the rest of my chips - $70 and get the big stack to call. River another blank. BB had a set of 6’s, button had low straight. I have nearly $1,000. Give back a lot when my AQs runs into KK and then I have QJ on the button with a flop of Q85. Bet the pot after checked to me. 2 callers. Turn J. One caller bets $50 – I think perhaps he had AQ or KQ so I reraise. He goes all in for about $50 more so I have to call. He has 55. Oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home