WSOP 2006 - Day 8 - Sunday 23rd July - Crazy Rebuy
Game 1
Event 34 $1000 with rebuys
Sit down with Gavin Smith and Mike O'Malley. These guys are going to make sure there is a lot of action.
First hand GS goes all in. Next guy calls so does MOM. GS has 7To MOM AK other guy QQ. MOM catches an A. We sympathise with the loser who does not rebuy. So he played 1 hand only.
About 2 hands later GS raises 300 I have JJ so go all-in knowing he will call. He has k7 spades and flops a K. I river a J. Up to 2000.
A few hands later I raise MOM with AJ. Flop K64. He checks to me. I check. Turn 4. He checks again - I bet he folds. I now have 2500.
A bit more action from GS then he makes a raise from utg of $300 again. Old guy reraises all in for 1000 with 55. I go over the top with a pair of tens. GS calls with J5 spades. He flops a flush to kill us both. I could have got to 6,000 chips if my hand held up. Darn it!
Game 2
$175 Sit and Go.
End up heads up with the same guy who beat me the other day. We do a deal so we are only competing for 1 chip and the $120. Just as well when his AJ takes down my 99.
Game 3
Ceasars $225 sit and go.
I don't think I like this tournament. Even though I accumulate a reasonable stack up to the break the blinds are so absurdly high I have to go all with A7 vs K9 when raised by the small blind. She catches a K to knock me out.
Game 4
$1/2 No Limit cash game
End up only $100 profit. Lost a bunch when hitting a set of 5's on a flop of K52. He had a set of Kings.
Won a very large pot when hitting a straight flush. I had limped in with 7Th. Flop was 9h9d6d. Tried to steal it with a pot bet which was called. Turn 6h. Caller bets about half the pot. I could be drawing dead but I have a feeling that he does not have a full house and may be betting an A. I decide to call with my straight and flush draw and see what happens. Dealer produces the glorious 8h. He bets $40 into a $150 pot and I reraise for about half his remaining stack of $100. He just calls and mucks his hand. He tells me later he had 88.

3 Comments:
Charlie, nice one. Think I am just picking up the intracacies of ther terminoligy. Let's hope for a few more winning hands eh!
Am getting most of the jargon, as I do find myself watching Challenge in the wee small hours occasionally, but are you doing anything at all apart from playing poker? Hope the Jennifer Tilley "date" went well!!
I find it all compelling reading even if I don't know my river from my rainbow.
Post a Comment
<< Home