Thursday, July 27, 2006

WSOP 2006 - Day 10 - Tuesday 25th July - Ladbrokes Posse in town

Today is the tournament Ladbrokes paid for as part of my prize. At my table there are 4 of us in a row wearing our Ladbrokes shirts.
Game 1
$1,500 No limit - WSOP Event.
Only get 1,500 chips so don't have much chance to wait for a hand.
Only play one hand in level 1 (blinds 25/25). Tried to steal a limped 5 way pot from the big blind when flop came A83 by betting 150. Got reraised so had to let it go.
Get AQ a few hands later when at level 2 (blinds 25/50) in late position. Raised 2 limpers to 200 and got one caller. Flop came KJ5 and when checked to me tried to get a free card by betting 300. Got reraised so I had to fold again.
Down to about 500 chips so have to go an all-in fest , dealt AT, A9, AK in a row. First 2 got no callers to all-in, 3rd hand I was BB and all I had to do was call a shorter stack than me who had gone all-in. He had A5 so I am back to 1,600.
Moved tables and pick up A5 in the small blind when at level 3 (50/100). Raised to 300 and he called. I think maybe he has a small pair but pretty sure he would have reraised with an A, so when the flop comes AKQ, I think this could be a good spot so I bet 600. He then moves all-in. Hmm - I think for some time. Has he slow played a monster? He has a big stack so may be he was bullying me. I call and he shows KQ. Darn it. I am out. On reflection I think I could have got away from it.

Game 2
$325 Sit and Go
Managed to put one of my opponents on major tilt. Early on I had raised with AT from the button and had one caller. I then bet out after he checked to me on a flop of A95. He reraised me and I decided to fold - he showed Q9.
A few hands later I am on the BB with 97 and I raised after 5 limpers of 50 by betting 200. Got one caller - the guy who did me earlier. Flop comes A82 and I move all-in. Guy thinks for ever and folds. He shows KK! I show my hand and he goes mad. 5 minutes later he gets knocked out after moving all in with A4.
We do a deal when down to 4 players. I am very short stacked so happy to take one $500 chip out of 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home