Sunday, July 30, 2006

WSOP 2006 - Day 12 - Thursday 27th July - PamelaPoker

Spent today pretty much making time before the main event.
The poker show is in town so we check out the stalls in a hall next to the main playing area. It would appear that many of Las Vegas's finest "models" have found gainful employment prancing around in very little clothing for a few days.
Buy a few books including Diary of a Mad Poker Player by Richard Sparks. I chat to the author who is a brit living in California. I've read most of it and if you have ever played online you will find it pretty funny.
The guys from the aussie millions are there. Looks like the timing for the tournament is favourable (2nd and 3rd week in January) and they are doing a hotel deal. I think I may be signing up.
Apparently Pamela Anderson is in town to promote PamelaPoker (part of Doyles Room) we, along with several hundred othere, score an exclusive invitation to the party that night at the Bellagio.

Chuck away $400 in a rebuy super sat. Lose a few chips early on so have to keep going all-in. The rest of the table love it and keep folding. Unfortunately after the rebuy period I finally get called when I have AK. His TT knocks me out. Sit next to a pale women who is clearly on drugs. She keeps asking me what the time is. Eventually I point out the big clock on the wall in front of us.

We go to the Ballagio in the evening and wander to the palazzio ballroom. We turn a corner and see a small blonde in pink scooting about randomly hugging guys in cowboy hats, surrounded by big guys in suits. We keep on walking and I take a few snaps. It is Pammy and she seems quite cute. Anyway she bounces off and when we turn the next corner we see a massive queue for the party. Hmm we must have come the wrong way.

Go down to check out the Bellagio $1000 tournament. Play in a Sit and Go for $200. Knocked out after 20 mins when my TT cracked by 77. Return to the Pammy party but she has gone leaving behind a lot of girls in skimpy cowboy gear. Looks like they are getting overtime today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home